Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Earth Day Project

A day or two late. . .  but it is so cute I'm sure it should count for something.

 It was one of those reuse/upcycle - etc.  I had got these jeans free from a swap our church puts on.  They were just a little too small for my girl, but I knew that going in to getting them.  I thought.  I can make one of those waaaaay cute jean skirts.  So that is just what I did.  I cut the jeans just below the zipper and pockets (on the back).  Then I just added about 9 inches of material to the bottom.  Gathered the edge to the pants and hemmed the other side. Added the cute ric rac and DONE. 
 I saw it on my friend Liberties blog awhile back and she had found the idea here .  It was so easy to make.

Then I had about 1 1/2 inches of material left and I have seen all over the web those cute frayed edge flowers and wanted to try it.  Just my luck that Tip Junkie had a post the other day of where to find them.  I used the frayed flower tutorial on Maize in Montana's website.  It was soo easy.  The hard part was trying to cover the button with denim - ummm. . . that didn't work.  I finally found a really thin piece of denim that I had in my scrap box (thank goodness for that box) that worked pefectly.

Here is the whole outfit together.
All in all I had the material on hand, the jeans were free and I had to buy the ric rac.   I think the whole thing would have been under $5 when finished and I reused some jeans that might have been thrown out.  I think that is a little on the green side???


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails