Thursday, April 22, 2010

A couple of fun totes
























A friend of mine asked me to make her some totes for her girls.  She wanted them a little larger then the monogrammed totes I usually make.  I found a pattern in the same book that Liberty used for her laptop bag.  It is actually the same pattern, but I didn't add the flap or make the handles the same.  Here are the measurements of each of the pieces I used.
Front and back panel:  14 inches (width) by 13 inches (height)
Side pieces - 5 inches x 13 inches (x2)
Bottom piece - 5 inches x 14 inches
The handles are 6 inches by 22 inches (x2)
The ruffle is 2 1/2 inches by 44 inches (x2)

The pocket is 9 inches x 9 inches.

Here are some close-ups of the pocket and ruffle.




Didn't they turn out cute???  I hope the kids like them.  I lined them with the same outer material and flannel.   I think if I were to make it again I would use fleece rather then flannel to make it a little more stiff.  They are pretty good size and will hold a bunch of books, markers, coloring books and probably a small doll.
Photobucket


The Girl Creative

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. They are ADORABLE!!!! I love the contrasting colors against the black and white. SOOOOO cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog! I love these bags!!! I found your site thru New Friend Friday @ The Girl Creative. Just stopping by to say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ruffles!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails