Okay so here is an attempt at making something without a pattern. The top I mean. I have tons of patterns for Pajama bottoms. I used one of my patterns for the capri pajamas. I also used my serger to make the ruffly (is that a word?) edge on the bottom. It is just using the rolled hem and since the fabric is stretchy I just pulled on it as I serged it and it made it ruffled.
For the top I used a shirt that Kirsten had. I only had a small amount of material and so the shirt was going to be really short. I had a 2 inch section that could be used as a ruffle and so I added the ruffle. I don't love the neck but I didn't really do much to it an the original shirt had an elastic in it and I didn't use it. I tried to add a small gathering in the front but it is still a little large on her neck. It is just for pajamas and so I won't be fixing it. She likes it and that is all that is important. Now we just need to work on the weather here in Chicago so that it warms up enough for us to wear capri's again. It keeps teasing us with warm weather and then it goes down to way too cold.