(I know that I am missing arms, I didn't realize it until began to post these. I will try and take pictures tomorrow with the "twig" arms.)
These are a great winter transition from Christmas to Valentine's holidays. I never know what to decorate with in January - seems too soon for Valentine's and I want the Christmas decor gone around New Years. We found this idea from Today's Fabulous Finds . She made them a little different but the 3 blocks on top of each other is the same.
Our next Craft Group will be on Wednesday, January 18th at 9 am at the Woodridge Church Building.
We plan on bringing:
- Wood blocks
- Small piece of wood for hat
- Paint (both Black, Orange and White)
- Bamboo Skewers (to hold them upright)
- Hot Glue
- Mod Podge
- Blush/chalk for cheeks
What you will need to bring:
- Anything you want to decorate them with -
- Buttons, Ribbons, Flowers, yarn, jute, fabric, scrapbook paper (click this LINK for other ideas)
- $3 for a 3 block tall snowman. If you would like a small one (2 blocks) like the hot pink one above then those will only be $2
- We are setting a limit on the number you can make (otherwise Amy will be cutting and sanding for days.) No more then 5 complete snowman please.
Please respond by comment on this post or by email. Please indicate the number of snowmen you want. (I will assume 3 block snowman unless you let me know.)
Last day to order is Saturday, January 14th.
Now I just wanted to show you how cute my kids are. While I was making these snowmen, I let them create their own snowman. They both thought it was pretty cool. We only got a little paint on our clothes (even with aprons.) But here are their masterpieces.