Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ruching + Pillowcase Dress = CUTE

I always hate to toot my own horn, but this time I think I came up with a pretty good idea.  Not sure if I have seen it around the web.  Actually didn't look for it, just came up with it on my own after I made the ruffled notebook covers.  Or maybe the other way around.  I can't remember.  I have been dying to get these up on our blog but just have not got the pictures done.  These were actually made before the Easter dresses I made.  I know - what a slacker I am.  I finally took the kids out and took pictures of them.  I don't think you can see the ruching in Esther's dress but as you see in the following pictures, I made a white ruching section.  I divided the dress into thirds and made the bottom a solid blue.  The white is 3 or 4 inches of a white on white print and then the top is a red star material. 

 


A better look at the whole dress on Kirsten.



Now you can see both the ruching and the ruffle bottoms I made for Esther. 


Here is a little bit closer look on the bigger dress.  One thing I didn't like about the ruching is it kind of puffed out.  Maybe if I put a solid piece behind it there would be less puffing?   I don't know.  It still looks cute.



Although I'm not really sold on the pillowcase dresses.  They are cute but just hang on my little skinny girls.  I like a more fitted dress on them.  Maybe next time (if there is a next time) I will do a gather in the center to make it more fitted on them.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails